Sunday, 26 December 2010

F.L.O.W.



Flow. Go with it. Like a lot of good ideas, it came to me in the shower. In the 21st Century costume of a Facebook status update. Sarah is … yes, that is what I would write. Flow. Go with it – my digital smoke signal to the connected world. I could even incorporate the word ‘Flow’ into that imaginary tattoo, the one with the infinity symbol I wouldn’t put on the back of my neck, the one I’d been thinking about not getting since that day in Brazil last year, whilst enjoying fresh fish and caipirinhas at a restaurant you can only get to by boat.

Some things are best left undone, untattooed. You can always change your mind about an imaginary tattoo, because you’ll never need to have it removed. It’s permanent in pure thought form, and that’s as close as I may ever get to ink on skin.

Why flow? Four letters. There is something snappy about four-letter words. No, that’s not it. Flow because that’s what water does, and water melts rocks down to sand, which is a lot more than I can say about rocks. A rock may temporarily block water from its destined flow, but water, being patient, will eventually find a way through. Because part of its persistence is wrapped up in knowing when and how to wait it out. Not as a torture or strategy, but as a natural state of affairs. So, flow.

Flow is about being here, right now, as the moment is flowing, it is not static, and it does not wear pointy shoes. It is round and generous and carries a basket of fruit on its head. Flow does not target or manipulate or try to fit a square peg into any other hole. It is accepting and grateful for God’s gifts, and can recognize them as such.

Flow looks forward but lives fully in the present. Flow is happy, because it doesn’t know any other way to be, unlocking the chakra energy channels of the body, allowing breath to enter fully, freely, rejuvenating and creating a safe space for movement and love to come on through. Flow is definitely love. A love with open hands and complete trust.

Flow is boundless and abundant. It knows no limits. It’s answer is always yes. Yes! everything is possible. Transformation is its daily rite. And we know that we are one with the Flow when we smile, when we feel good, when things are going our way. Because flow wants things to go our way. Every day, it presents us with opportunities to let us in, to embrace it, to let it carry us. Flow is letting life carry us where it wants to take us, because it knows better. It’s been here before.

Flow is ancient and timeless and newborn. In the same instant. And the very fact that we can’t wrap our beginner’s minds around that is proof enough that we should just go with it. And get carried away. Flow wrote this post. I was just the lucky scribe. And when I am in Flow, I am lucky in everything.

Love is holding a balloon in the park on Sunday.

Hand holding string holding balloon flowing in the wind.

1 comment:

Tati Reuter said...

Sarah, I guess this text is the second "happy new year" that i've got from you! Thanks for it!! And please, keep writing.