Monday, 4 February 2008

what it is


Courage, also known as bravery, will and fortitude, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. 'Physical courage' is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship or threat of death, while 'moral courage' is the courage to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal or discouragement. - Wikipedia

I had a choice and I knew it. To live in fear or to live in courage. There is something incredibly comfortable about the dull, constant pain of fear, it covered my life like an itchy blanket, better than nothing but ultimately unsatisfying. It never actually occurred to me that fear itself is always worse than the object of its disaffection. And so, I begin. This picture was taken on a river in northern Sweden. Yes, I am walking on water. Frozen water. A change in temperature, season and climate makes this possible. And that shift, spiraling from spirit to matter, is what I will attempt to explore in this blog.

No comments: